- Permanent/Temporary Part Time – Up to 64hrs per fortnight;
- Acute Surgical Unit, Dandenong Hospital;
- Energetic workplace!
About Dandenong Hospital & West 3
Dandenong Hospital is in the heart of the growth corridor in the south east of Melbourne. This growth and exposure addresses Monash Health’s need for exceptional Registered Nurses to join us lead the way in providing quality, patient-centred health care to meet the needs of our community.
West 3 is a 36 bed ward providing a high acuity, fast paced, goal orientated specialised Vascular, Diabetic Feet and General Surgery nursing to adults from a variety of social and cultural backgrounds. Our services include vascular surgery, diabetes management and education, general surgery, complex wound care, complex discharge planning and allied health.
About the role
As a team we provide the best care to achieve common, complex discharge goals. Joining our dedicated team of nurse’s, you will be exposed to:
- Complex care of surgical patients;
- Deal with negative pressure wound therapy, amputees, heparin/insulin infusions, drain tube management and diabetic education.
- Holistic care approach of the patient in order to be successfully discharged home; and
- Early detection of potential barriers to a safe and timely discharge.
You are an experienced Registered Nurse who can think outside the square, advocate on behalf of the surgical patient and communicate precisely your patient care needs. Problem solving comes naturally to you whilst effectively working with a multidisciplinary team. You are keen to learn and partake in ward improvement projects, actively seek information and are eager to work and develop skills in other team members and yourself. Your positive and proactive attitude towards complex discharge planning will see you successful in this role.
Additionally you will possess
- Current APRHA registration;
- Previous experience within relevant surgical field;
- Availability to work a rotating roster; and
- Subject to a police check and current Working with Children’s Check.
What’s on offer at Monash Health:
- Onsite parking;
- Staff gym;
- Salary Packaging;
- Professional development opportunities; and
- Future career advancement within Monash Health.
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. Any offer of employment will be confirmed on the successful outcome of a Police Check and Working with Children’s Check and only short listed candidates will be contacted in this instance.