Heavy Diesel Mechanic - Equipment Workshop Fitter - Dandenong - Melbourne
With strong growth in our Melbourne operations, our Dandenong branch has a new and exciting opportunity for a Workshop based Heavy Equipment Diesel Fitter to join the Hitachi team. This is a permanent full time position which will see you focus on all aspects of Heavy Diesel mechanics and mobile plant equipment fitting.
This role will be best suited to someone who enjoys varied and interesting work as you will learn to execute a range of OEM level services with a core focus on diagnostics, maintenance and repairs for our valued customer base in the Southern region.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor your main responsibilities include:
- Overhauling all minor and major hydraulic and mechanical components from our Hitachi and John Deere construction, forestry equipment range
- Assembly and fitment of attachments and components to new machine builds
- Ensuring all work is completed in a safe manner
- Undertaking diagnostic and repair work
- Conduct basic failure analysis and identify specific modes of failure
- Completion and submission of all relevant paperwork and reports
- Liaising with technical support staff and ensuring the delivery of timely customer service with every task
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Qualifications - Minimum Certificate III in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Experience & Skillset - Heavy Diesel mechanics and mobile plant fitters with demonstrated work experience and technical knowledge of earthmoving equipment - Hitachi and John Deere equipment experience highly regarded
- Safety Conscious - A strong, developed awareness and commitment to personal and peer health and safety.
- Analytical thinking - Ability to navigate complex technical issues in repair and maintenance services with minimal to zero rework
- Autonomous productivity - Initiative to plan work fronts efficiently and effectively, delivering quality outcomes and identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
What's in it for you?
- Earn a Great $$$ Competitive Package + Super
- Recognition of efforts in a collaborative team with a bi-annual opportunity to earn a Company wide bonus
- Be well equipped to perform your best with safe and efficient specialised tooling including a tooling allowance
- Genuine life / work balance working 36 - 38 hours per week on the Day Shift - Monday to Friday
- Rewarding employee benefits including exclusive staff discounts with industry partners!
- Continuous training and upskilling with access to the latest technologies with a leading OEM
Here at Hitachi, we believe that success comes from the partnership of our market-leading products and the quality of our people. We are an equal opportunity employer, do not discriminate and genuinely value diversity at our company. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then please visit http://m.hitachicareers.com.au and click APPLY NOW and submit your resume for consideration.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: