Casual Teacher - Heavy Vehicle
You will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance for our heavy vehicle students.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- plan and deliver creative course content and learning activities which encourage student participation
- collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and develop pathways to success for learners that enhance the student experience, retention and employability skills
- develop and improve courses for national qualifications in VET, including learning materials and assessments
You will hold a current:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Vocational qualifications at AQF level based on level of teaching required
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
- Registration with relevant professional association/s (as required for the specific discipline)
Crucial to your success will be a strong understanding of contemporary approaches to education, teaching and learning. A proven track record in design and delivery of up to-date and engaging programs in conjunction with the ability to motivate and guide students to optimise their learning outcomes. You will have the ability to quickly develop rapport with students and colleagues from a diverse background in a collaborative and innovative environment. As well as have a firm understanding of educational administration tools and practices.
To succeed in this role you will need to be able to adapt to changing circumstances while displaying exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You will be result orientated and committed to professional development. A strong commercial focus by driving revenue growth in the fee for service arena is also essential.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position closes on 9am Monday 1st April 2019
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact, David Adams, Manager Automotive and Supply Management, Phone: +613 9238 8129
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: