Casual Teacher - Networking & Applications Development (Business & It)
You will be accountable for within the discipline of, Network & Applications Development in Business & Information Technology of providing professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance to ensure excellent outcomes for learners, the organisations that employ them and the communities they serve.
This position focuses on excellence in learner support, teaching delivery and learning assessment.
The incumbent is a key and active participant of the Network & Applications Development discipline and works to promote educational excellence, business growth and student centred services. Design and develop high quality teaching and learning resources including tailored materials in a range of formats to suit varying learning styles
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Plan education practices and delivery sessions that reflect the most effective way to engage learners
- Develop and deliver planned teaching sessions in a variety of innovative and adaptive ways, using technology, including Moodle, to engage learners and meet their needs and learning styles
- Ensure that teaching materials and resources meet all regulatory standards, training packages and related requirements
- Enhance the student experience to improve engagement early on and assist learners to interact with their academic and social environment to prevent attrition and encourage success
- Provide Learners first hand expert knowledge and experience to enhance their learning and understanding of the subject being taught
- Understand market and industry needs and develop responsive, innovative educational solutions for learners, including fee for service clients
You will have relevant educational and vocational qualifications in
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Vocational qualifications at AQF level 5 or higher (Bachelor of IT or equivalent, Advanced Diploma or Diploma of IT or equivalent)
- A relevant vocational Information Communications Technology qualification along with current industry experience in one or more of the following areas (vendor and or instructor certification preferred)
- Systems Administration
- Network Security
- Systems Administration
- Software Engineering
- Applications Development
- IT Security
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
Further qualifications, skills and knowledge that would assist the job role:
- Diploma in VET Practice
- Experience with design and development of applications using Non-SQL databases, Json, Ansible, Swift, C, Yaml, etc. We are looking for candidates that have trained, lectured and developed business applications, with a solutions focussed approach.
- CISCO Certified (including Cyber Security, CCENT, CCNA, Network Professional, Network Associate Security, Design Professional)
- Windows Server (Microsoft)
- Agile/Rapid Development
- Project Management Prince 2
Crucial to your success will be your proven track record in the design and delivery of up to-date and engaging programs, eLearning materials and teaching delivery plans, in a learning environment that motivates and guides students to optimise their learning outcomes.
You are highly motivated, collaborative and flexible, with excellent communication and relationship skills and able to use your initiative to implement out of the box contemporary learning programs that cater for different needs.
You will love this position if you like to share your passion in Networking and Applications Development, want to work as a part of a collaborative and dynamic teaching team, committed to building the skills of students, demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and demonstrated ability to contribute in a team environment with proven strengths in problem solving and change management.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 5pm Monday 4th of March 2019
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Joe D’Amico General Manager Business and Information Technology Phone: +613 9212 5262
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: