Oral Health Therapist
- Oral Health Therapist : Part Time Ongoing Position (0.63 EFT)
- Critical team role supporting the delivery of optimal dental care
- Permanent Full time/ Part time.
- Relevant professional award dependent on qualifications and experience
- An alternative to private practice;
- Gain satisfaction from the positive difference that our program makes
- access to professional development and support networks
- the variety of working in a multidisciplinary team
Monash Health provides integrated healthcare services available to over 1.3 million people, representing 32% of the population of greater Melbourne. Through Monash Community, we deliver Dental Health Services covering all aspects of general dentistry and emergency treatment for both adult and child patients. We are a busy and dynamic service, with 30 dental chairs located across seven sites in the Cities of Greater Dandenong, Casey and Kingston and the Shire of Cardinia. We are now looking to engage a highly motivated Dental Therapist/Oral Health Therapist to join our team.
About the Role
We offer one of the largest community dental programs and have for you a place to bring across your clinical skills and experience. Our oral health services operate across seven major sites and have 30 chairs. This is a career opportunity where you can experience satisfaction in your day to day work as well as receive our mentoring and orientation to meet your need for personal growth and development. You can for instance look forward to the on-site support of a senior dentist.
You’ll be rewarded by the range of experiences and people you will assist, along the way drawing on your ability to build ease and rapport while remaining sensitive to the needs of your clients. Whilst performing dental procedures you will also promote healthy habits.
Your Skills and Experience
To be considered for this important role you will ideally possess the following:
- Demonstrated high levels of knowledge, and clinical skills, in the full range of activities permitted under the oral health therapists’ scope of practice.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously, displaying advanced reasoning skills, in providing clinical services to clients with diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds as well as frail dependent and medically complex.
- Friendly, outgoing and reliable demeanour
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- Previous experience with Titanium software would be an advantage but is not mandatory.
Appointment to this position requires:
- Proof of qualification
- Current registration with AHPRA as an Oral Health therapist
- Current Victoria radiation licence for intraoral radiography
What’s on offer?
This role offers you the chance to make a real contribution to the dental care we provide to a broad range of clients across south-east Melbourne. As an important member of our committed team, we can offer you:
- A comprehensive orientation program
- Ongoing professional development as you increase your skills
- Salary packaging benefits that increase your take home pay
If you’re looking to progress your career in an environment where you can make a real difference, send us your application today!
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Current Monash Health employees should apply through Mercury using their Monash Health employee account. Our Recruitment Services team can answer any queries on this matter and can be reached on 9265 2776 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: