You will be accountable within the discipline of Justice/Legal in Business & Information Technology, to provide professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance to ensure excellent outcomes for learners, the organisations that employ them and the communities they serve.
This position focuses on excellence in learner support, teaching delivery and learning assessment.
The incumbent is a key and active participant of the Justice/Legal discipline and works to promote educational excellence, business growth and student centred services. Design and develop high quality teaching and learning resources including tailored materials in a range of formats to suit varying learning styles.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Plan education practices and delivery sessions that reflect the most effective way to engage learners
- Develop and deliver planned teaching sessions in a variety of innovative and adaptive ways, using technology, including Moodle, to engage learners and meet their needs and learning styles
- Ensure that teaching materials and resources meet all regulatory standards, training packages and related requirements
- Enhance the student experience to improve engagement early on and assist learners to interact with their academic and social environment to prevent attrition and encourage success
- Provide Learners first hand expert knowledge and experience to enhance their learning and understanding of the subject being taught
- Understand market and industry needs and develop responsive, innovative educational solutions for learners, including fee for service clients
You will have relevant educational and vocational qualifications as follows:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or qualifications that meet RTO Standards
- Vocational qualifications at AQF level 6
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
- A record of Vocational Competency, mapped to Units of Competency engaged to deliver
- A record of Professional Currency, demonstrating current industry and teaching knowledge
- Diploma in VET Practice Qualification (desirable)
Crucial to your success will be your proven track record in the design and delivery of up to-date and engaging programs, eLearning materials and teaching delivery plans, in a learning environment that motivates and guides students to optimise their learning outcomes.
You are highly motivated, collaborative and flexible, with excellent communication and relationship skill and are able to use your initiative to implement out of the box contemporary learning programs that cater for different needs.
You will love this position if you like to share your passion in Justice/Legal discipline, want to work as a part of a collaborative and dynamic teaching team, committed to building the skills of students, demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and demonstrated ability to contribute in a team environment with proven strengths in problem solving and change management.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 9am Tuesday 25 June 2019
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Jim Vatousios, Education Manager, Phone +613 9238 8506
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.