- Initial 1 month contract with potential to be ongoing
- Flexibility - 4 or 5 days per week based on your requirements
- Work with a leading organisation in the community welfare sector
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Case Manager within the Asylum and Refugee Settlement sector.
In this position, based in Dandenong, you will provide casework services for all groups of asylum seekers. Within these groups clients can present with issues such as: mental health, domestic violence, discrimination, family breakdown etc.
The casework program works at the coalface with asylum seekers, you will often be the first point of contact for and provide a range of services for asylum seekers. This program in underpinned by a social justice ethos and human rights focus.
You will provide intake and assessment, provision of information, advice, referral, advocacy and support around a range of different issues including health, housing, immigration, legal, social and recreational, financial, material aid, employment, education and counselling.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Experience in providing casework for asylum seekers or refugees, or culturally and linguistically diverse clients or high needs/ complex clients or clients who have experienced trauma
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary context
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of social justice
Successful candidate will have:
- Relevant qualification in social work, welfare work, community development or a related discipline
- Case management experience
- A satisfactory police check
- A current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's fastest growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided (or visit our website and click contact us, then apply now)
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025